Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Fly High

I had a friend recently call me. Her mom had passed away and she was trying to get rid of stuff as her mom was a hoarder and I mean a real one! She had stuff everywhere you had to move things to get around the room. The day I went to check out some pieces she thought I might be interested in they were in the process of moving a metal cabinet that I have no idea where it was kept it was so large they had to take doors off and move out the washer and dryer to get it out! In the process of that they found a cat hiding behind the washer, They had already found five other cats that had to be taken to the vet, So you can imagine the smell in the house! I felt so bad for her to have to deal with this.
I did get a piece of furniture from her that I love! It was an armoire that she didn't even know her mom had gotten. I just loved the shape and curves on it. It had a lot of potential! Of course I had to figure out how to get that smell out of it!



  
After a thorough cleaning I primered, painted shabbied and decided to write on the doors a phrase I recently saw and thought it was very moving.
 It is kinda what I feel like right now with my business. I have done things I never thought I could. Pushed myself beyond limits I didn't think I could, I had to step outside my comfy zone and sometimes worry is this the right thing for me?? 






 Through it all I have grown in ways I never anticipated, So I hope you can do this too! What is holding you back? Get out there and live your dream!

Until you spread your wings you will have no idea how far you can fly!   Traci

I will be sharing at The shabby Creek Transformation Thursday
Thursday Favorite things

12 comments:

  1. Hi Traci, You are so talented with your furniture pieces. The words you put on the armoire are so touching to me too, You are super inspirational.

    Michele
    Pearl 13.1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michele! I'm so glad it inspires you!Now fly high and far!!! :)

      Delete
  2. What a great makeover you have done! absolutely love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty. Thanks for the inspiring words.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so impressed with this...this is awsome...love it.
    Bec x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That piece turned out gorgeous!! I think we all have those thoughts, but if we're growing, then it's all worth it...beautiful post!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel so bad for your friend:(

    But, your wardrobe turned out great. You are really getting creative! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely and inspiring post. Thank you for joining in the fun at the Thursday Favorite Things hop. Happy Monday wishes xo P.S. sorry I'm so late visiting :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your post and that wardrobe is to die for - I love printing words on dressers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! You did a fantastic job, and the words were such a creative touch :)

    ReplyDelete