Thursday, September 6, 2012

The numbers have it

I know I have this obsession with numbers lately! I know I'm not alone you see them everywhere on everything or just by themselves. I know it is a passing fad but I like it and am going to enjoy it for as long as I can!

This dresser was one me and my MIL found on the curb for trash clean up. It was large it was heavy and part of the back was coming off but we couldn't leave it!! It is old and I think hand made by someone. It doesn't have a lot of wow factor but it a sturdy piece of furniture! So it sat in my workshop for a few months I kept putting it off because it didn't excite me all that much. So a couple of days ago I got tired of seeing it get buried beneath more stuff so I dragged it out and painted it. I did a soft creamy cross between cream and soft yellow color. Then I shabbied it and stained over it then put poly over it all and added the numbers. I think it is a simple piece so I kept it simple.
I must say it makes me happy when I look at it. Something about it just sings to me. Yeah a couple of the drawers stick a bit and it doesn't have fancy or ornateness about it but I like it! I hope someone else too!

 Notice the lovely barn wood behind. Well this morning when I decided to take the pics I said this is ridiculous that I have to drag pieces outside to photograph so, I started manically nailing barn wood on the one wall and tacked the tin above it then white washed a couple of boards that didn't blend in that well! Yes all that to take a simple pic! I also justified it with the fact that this winter I won't be able to drag stuff out in the snow! I know crazy!


I went out and bought some more ASCP today and excited to try it again! I bought old white and duck egg so I'm sure you will be seeing it soon enough on pieces! Have a great evening! Traci


I will be sharing over at.
Feathered nest Friday
Show and Tell Friday
Furniture Feature Friday

12 comments:

  1. Traci, You did a great job on your chest of drawers. Love the numbers on it.
    I'm happy to be a new follower and hope you'll stop by,
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great curb find and transformation! I know I struggle with where to take pictures, I can do them inside, but if it is not a sunny day I am out of luck!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the dresser..just the right shade of soft goldy yellow I'm trying to find. I am redoing our master bedroom, and want that shade. Sigh.
    I am adding your blog to my reader...:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the addition of the numbers but the drawer pulls are sooo vintage lookin I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So Lovely, you truly did a fantastic job on the dresser.

    Sincerely,
    Michele
    Pearl 13.1

    ReplyDelete
  6. The numbers were a great idea, it really added something special to it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am loving numbers too! You did a great job, and whoa! what a lot of work to photograph it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tracy-I can't find your email address anywhere, so I will just comment on here again! I bet you look adorable in your jeans and casual clothes. I am definitely NOT a fashionista, but I do love clothes!You should check out Anthro sometime because I bet you would love the way they style the stores. They have really cute houseware-y type stuff that I use for inspiration. Take a look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to check it out and see what all the fuss is! Thanks!

      Delete
  9. Love love love~ so charming!Thank you for sharing at Feathered Nest Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love numbers! The look great on the dresser! You have an amazing talent in transforming furnitures!!

    ReplyDelete