Saturday, September 22, 2012

Fine Dining and other ramblings

I have had a pretty good week. I finished quite a few projects. Now if I could just get my fall decorations out and decorate! I did it way to early last year and by the end of the season I was more then happy to take them down! So I'm procrastinating a bit.

I finished this table and chairs this week. I had found the table at a thrift store but it had no chairs. I had to dig around in my hoarder pile and found 4 chairs pretty similar and painted them to match.I put some french typography on table which I got from Graphic Fairy of course and a stencil design on the seats.


 Fine dining at it's best!
 Couldn't you just see this set in a cute little french village having wine,bread, and cheese!

 I transferred the design with the old graphite paper trick. Then filled it all in with a paint pen. I'm no artist! Don't even claim to be one!I'm getting a bit better at this. My first one I did was kinda harrowing but the more you do it the better you get! So don't be afraid to try it!

I also wanted to tell you all I tried the ruffler foot just played with it as it takes a bit to get acquainted with it. But once you get used to it and figure out the settings it is wonderful!! There are a lot of videos on YouTube to get you started with it. The one I bought at Hancocks had no directions with it! So I had to watch a couple of those videos to figure the contraption out! I can't wait to make something with it!!
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!
Traci
 
I will be over at                                                                              Feathered nest Friday

13 comments:

  1. Very pretty,this would look beautiful fixed up with fall colors to make them stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so impressed! The table and chairs are amazing...if I lived near you I'd be in trouble! I want every piece that you paint :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my this is soooo lovely..you do such a great job..happy Autumn to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the GRAY color table! White and gray looks FAB together! You put things together nicely~~~very creative~~~Fall is in the air...enjoy! From one sweetie to another~~~~Roxie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This looks amazing! I love the graphite paper transfer....old school all the way!

    Have a blessed and wonderful day!
    karianne

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's gorgeous!!! I've just started transferring with graphite ( and a sharpie lol )
    Beautiful job!
    Hugs,
    Suzan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow... This is fabulous! All of your furniture is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely GORGEOUS!LOVE the color of the table!I'm your newest followeri I'll be glad if you follow mw back!

    Warmly,
    Monica.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your graphite transfer looks perfect. So glad you got the ruffler up and running...Let the fun begin!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG! This is my exact dining room table that I inherited from my grandmother! I have the chairs as well. I have wanted to do something with it and now you have given me inspiration to update it. Thanks for sharing your awesome talents.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello!....
    Your graphic is a very nice and wonderful.I like your graphic.Thanks for sharing this blog.
    Thank you....

    Fine Indian cuisine Perth

    Fine dining

    ReplyDelete