Tuesday, September 4, 2012

A Fun Table and Chairs

I just finished painting another table and chair set that has already sold! Gotta love it when that happens! It was a plain french provincial set. Funny when I say plain I mean not painted!I know painting everything isn't some peoples thing but it is mine! The chairs did have a lot of detail though and table did have some character with great curves.


Here it is mid way I was going to sand down the top and stain it but had a mishap as I sanded through the veneer top! OOPS so had to paint! Lesson learned take it easy with the sander! Here it is all done.
 




Added a Fleur d lis to back

Shabbied up and added a number to each chair.
I thought it was a very fun kinda whimisical look!

On another note I got a ruffler foot for my sewing machine this weekend! I'm very excited to use it for all kinds of projects! Wonder how Mr. SN would feel about ruffled T-shirts? Jk honey! Well here's to hoping a productive week!
Traci
 

7 comments:

  1. the table and chairs look great! and you'll have to let us know how it goes with the ruffler foot :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the numbers on those seats! What a great finish for the chairs!

    Have a blessed and wonderful day!
    karianne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the table and chairs...Yep, I paint it all too! I got a ruffler last year and ohhhhh yes it is so fun, it can be a little tricky until you figure how to get it adjusted, just remember to move the needle by hand until you are sure you have it adjusted right then you can use the foot control. Waiting for your ruffled projects!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great job you have done on this table and chairs! In my opinion, the numbers make it! So glad to be able to reconnect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have fun with ur new toy! As always the table set is simply beautiful.as always!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to meet another dumpster diving gal - my town doesn't understand me screeching to a halt for curbside castoffs either!
    Love the color and the cute little fleur de lis detail!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE this ...it is awesome! : ) enjoy enjoy!!! : ) hugs...

    ReplyDelete