Thursday, August 23, 2012

Hutched out!

I just completed yet another hutch. After each one I say not again! So heavy to move around and a lot of work. Yet here I'm doing another?? I love what I do taking something and making it pretty is fun! What is not fun is having this almost OCD behavior where I drive myself crazy for perfection! My son's GF came over this morning to have coffee with me and we went out to the workshop. I had told her the hutch is almost done just need to put the hardware back on I said nonchalantly. HA! I wish that I could of just done that and walked away! No I got out there and I saw a couple spots I didn't like so I dragged out the sander and what should of been a 20 min thing turned into an hour and twenty minutes! She finally told me you need to walk away! You are a perfectionist's! The things I saw as flaws she couldn't even tell what I was talking about. Why do I do this? Drive myself insane? Put every ounce of energy and strength into these projects? I know I'm not the best at what I do. I just want people to love it as much as I do.When it leaves my shop I know that person loved it as much as I did! That is the greatest feeling! Knowing you bring something into someones life that makes them smile when they look at it or use it. That is what drives me.
 Now if I could just master the picture taking! This was a very heavy piece so I lamed out and just drug it to just outside my workshop!


So am I they only one out there who does this? Doubt it! 

I will be linking up to Feathered Nest Friday http://frenchcountrycottage.blogspot.com/

Traci

12 comments:

  1. No, you aren't the only one, i figure if I see flaws so will my customers. I deem that hutch PERFECT

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second that thought its total perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous - absolutely gorgeous - I did a similar one ( twice the size though, lol ) for a customer - would love to find one for myself now!
    Your newest follower - please stop by for a visit ( and following back would be such a bonus!!! )
    Hugs,
    Suzan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect as always.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by Cozy Blanket. So sorry about your mother. I have known others that their fathers went right into a new relationship, esp. after being married so long. I think it is out of fear of being alone.
    I love your blog and don't know how I have missed it. I am signing up to follow. I love all your painted projects. I am loving the ASCP and painting several pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I don't blame you for taking the pictures outside. And you even staged it! It really turned out nice. I can understand wanting to make sure that it's your best work as it leaves your shop. I'm the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I every time emailed this webpage post page
    to all my friends, for the reason that if like to read it next my links will too.



    My blog - loans for people with poor credit score

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everyone loves it when individuals get together and share thoughts.
    Great site, continue the good work!

    My web site ... cna classes in philadelphia pa

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's perfect time to make a few plans for the longer term and it is time to be happy. I've learn this submit
    and if I may just I wish to recommend you few fascinating things or suggestions.
    Maybe you could write next articles referring to
    this article. I desire to learn more things approximately it!


    Have a look at my web page; phlebotomy what is

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello to every one, the contents present at this web page are really
    awesome for people experience, well, keep up the good work fellows.


    Also visit my homepage; phlebotomy training course

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think that is one of the most significant info for me. And i'm happy reading your article. However should statement on few normal issues, The web site style is great, the articles is really great : D. Good job, cheers

    My website - what is phlebotomy phlebotomist

    ReplyDelete
  12. What's up to all, as I am truly eager of reading this blog's post to be updated
    regularly. It includes pleasant data.

    Feel free to visit my webpage accredited online schools for pharmacy technician

    ReplyDelete