Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Feathering my nest

So the last couple weeks I have been neglecting my work... I have been busy doing things around my nest. After the oldest stepson moved out and hopefully for good. I jumped on his old room! I had visions of an amazing craft room. Although after thinking it over we decided to move our room up there being that room has amazing closet space for a house built in the 1800's! I will get my craft room just not as soon as I hoped but it will go downstairs in our old room.
The room upstairs had not been touched since we moved in a year ago. Let me say it was previously inhabited by a teenage girl. One who loved bright colors!

I almost forgot to take the before pic so there is only a stripe of the purple wall color and when we pulled out the bookshelf we found the blue color under it. The floors were very ugly to say the least! Someone had painted them, then painted the walls and dripped paint everywhere! So my solution was to paint the wood floors a bright clean color. Since I adore painted wood floors!

So that's what I did! Sorry for blurry photo took with my phone. Well the painting is all done as of today!

Here it is the walls are a soft green color and the floor is a creamy color. I love it! Now I get to start on the fun things like decorating and putting doorknobs on. I can't wait to take more pics when all done! As you can see in the photo I went ahead and hung the curtains late last night before the floor was even totally done I get excited! So this morning I was carefully painting around them!

I also painted all three of my exterior doors red. I love them!!



On a different subject I also went and spent some time with my grandma for her 91st birthday, I know I'm lucky to still have her in my life! She was an amazing Gma she says I came into her life in a dark time and I saved her from the darkness. Her brother had committed suicide a few months before I was born. So she has always been very loving and kind to me. She is so darn cute since she has been moved into the home she gets her hair and nails done. She says the other ladies are jealous of her because she has a handsome aide who waits on her hand and foot. I think she loves the attention! LOL She was looking especially pretty on her bday so I took this photo of her. Don't you think she looks amazing for 91? I can only hope I look that good at that age! Well time to get back to work! Have a wonderful week! Traci

I will be linking up at Feathered Nest Friday
Also at Romantic home

5 comments:

  1. 91, JUST reverse the number 19 and she looks like a fun gal, to be with. Your very lucky!! enjoy those memories...Now where in Iowa. My Hubby's family was from Iowa and once a year for the last 15 years we would make a trip around the midwest to visit family. Including to Iowa to tend my HUBBY'S parents graves. Even though they journeyed far from Iowa they wanted to come back to Iowa..so we visit every July. Hawarden just barly in Iowa. I want to say the make over's and creativity are very special and love your thinking and talent...the table was spot on leaving that lovly dark wood....I am with you why do people throw away such character.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that painted floor! Can't wait to see it when you get it all pulled together. Your gma is beautiful....you have good genes, obviously! I would love to spend an afternoon with my grandma's. They have been gone many years now and I still just ache for them sometimes. You ARE lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for your comments, check out what I just posted...I love the color on your blog...the shades of blues on the outside...check her out

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness..your grandma does not look 91! Your room is going to look amazing. xoxo

    ReplyDelete