Saturday, July 14, 2012

Robin Egg Blues

This week has just whizzed by! I thought I would take a minute to show you some things I did get done this week. One project I did just for me was to make some drop cloth pillows. They are so cute and economical to make. The drop clothes were on sale for $7.00. I washed them twice and used fabric softener and they turned out softer then I thought. I used fabric paint on them and made the stencil out of card stock. I made the little one by simply ripping a piece and ruffling it. I didn't even hem the edges of ruffle to keep it simple and I like the look of it with unfinished edges.

Please ignore that the ruffle looks crooked. Wow the things you notice in pics! LOL

I sewed them as pillow covers so I could wash as needed.

The other thing I got done was another table and chair set. This is a smaller set that I think would be really adorable in a vintage or cottage style kitchen
 I painted it this robin egg blue. Shabbied it up a lot! Then added the graphic to top and recovered the chairs with my new favorite new fabric drop cloth. I hope to sale it fast before I decide to keep it! Have a super weekend! Traci



9 comments:

  1. You did such a beautiful job, I really like the table. SO pretty.

    Sincerely,
    Michele
    Pearl 13.1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg this set is adorable this is the time I wish you were near I am coordinating my next canton trip with yours for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your pillows Traci...and oh how I love the table and
    chair set---sigh---
    hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pillows!
    Love the table and chairs too.

    Have a great Sunday!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the chairs and table! What a gorgeous color. What kind and color of paint did you use? The drop cloth pillows are adorable and I love the covers you added to the chairs. Wish I was close enough to buy them!

    ~Shanon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just came across your blog and I adore it! LOVE the Robins Egg Blue! It's a fabulous look and I enjoy seeing and reading things of the same interest.... I am following!! From one sweetie to another~~~Roxie

    ReplyDelete
  7. traci,
    your pillows are adorable, makes me wish I could sew!! Love the table, the color is fabulous and the covers you added to the chairs are the perfect fininshing touch! Great job!
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete