Thursday, July 19, 2012

Rescued table

I know I have spoke of my friend Deb before she has an amazing house in the country with a fabulous barn, a few out buildings and a yard filled with treasures. I went out there a while back and I must admit I always get a bit giddy when I head her way because you never know what treasures you will find!
Well when I drug home an old butcher block oak table top that was covered in dirt and bird poop and some awesome old table legs from there I wasn't sure if I could really make it beautiful!
I scrubbed it and sanded it for a couple days! Had hubby help me to construct a solid underneath frame for the legs. So this is what I ended up with.....

I have featued this table at http://homespunhappenings-tammy.blogspot.com/ so check out her blog for more great features!
Aren't those legs amazing? I love everything about this table! I must admit I have been dragging my feet to put this up for sale. I think I will take it to a sale I have this weekend just to see what people say about it! Might even find a buyer! LOL
I worked on a few more things this week too.


This little table is so cute! It was a horrible hunter green color!


I got this hutch painted now trying to decide if I should stain over it or just leave it alone? Help? Alright I'm off to bed so hope you all have a nice weekend! Traci

9 comments:

  1. I LOVE all your painted pieces....they are gorgeous! The table is an awesome find and you sure brought it back to it's original beauty!

    Happy Summer Ya'll from Houston, TX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the table--it looks GREAT!
    Maybe put a little stain on the hutch--
    give it a little depth.

    Have a great weekend!

    M :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness that table looks awesome!! You did such a beautiful job on it. Really glad that I have discovered your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep the gams on this table ...perfection. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE THAT TABLE!!! I would have a hard time letting that one go. That little table looks great too. As for the hutch, I would stain it, because that is what I like:) Thank you for linking this up to Rustic Restorations Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That table is amazing! What did you use to finish the top?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used a dark walnut finish with a satin poly on top. Thanks Deb!

      Delete
  7. YOur table and side table are fabulous! I'm thinking just a little shabby sanding on the cabinet and call it a day!!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that table ... the legs make it so special. Great job. You really know how to bring a piece to life.
    Blessings,
    Audrey Z. http://audreyzumwalt.blogspot.com/
    Timeless Treasures

    ReplyDelete