Monday, July 2, 2012

fleur d lis table

Here it is almost the Fourth of July! Is it just me or has this year flown by? Do you have fun or exciting plans for the fourth? We are having a BBQ with Mr.SN family at our house. It is only going to be 101 that day. Yikes!

I just finished another table and chair set. This was given to me by a friend for free. It is a HEAVY round table with curvy looking french legs. It didn't have any chairs to it. Luckily a few days later my father in law happened to find 5 chairs sitting on the curb. So I insatntly knew they would look cute with this table. So I set out to transform it. My mom in law helped me with it some too.

We painted it white and shabbied it up then rubbed a dark walnut stain on it. I love the look!

I added the little wood fleur d lis as that spot on the table had a gap so a block of wood and the wood applique and it looks like it was there all along!

We recovered the seats and added the pattern on the seat from a my printer we printed right onto the white fabric. Kinda tied the french thing all in.



Then there is the fifth chair the only one with arms and doesn't really fit around the table but I'm just going to throw it in with the set. I have just listed it so hope it finds a new home soon! It would be nice to free up some work space!

Hope you all have a great and safe Fourth! We will try not to melt! Traci

7 comments:

  1. I love that! So smart to add the wooden Fleur de lis. It's so shabby French! Very pretty! I think that will find a home quickly. Where do you list your beautiful things?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good. I am sure that someone will
    snatch that up.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for such lovely inspiration! found you at MMS's link party, always a favorite!

    hope you can swing by:
    http://hellolovelyinc.blogspot.com/2012/07/summer-sale-giveaway.html

    smiles to you.

    michele

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this table and chairs-especially the fleur d lis on the chairs! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your table and chairs. These chairs must scream Fleur-de-lis. I played with a chair exactly like these for my first attempt at re-vamping furniture. My version is a little different, but I did incorporate the Fleur-de-lis. Check it out if you would like on my blog "chickinthestyx.blogspot.com"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hellο colleаgueѕ, fastiԁiοus poѕt and fastidiouѕ aгguments cοmmented heгe,
    I am genuinely еnjoying by these.

    my hоmepage - bridgeseghb.soup.io

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello to all, the contents existing at this website are genuinely remarkable for people knowledge,
    well, keep up the good work fellows.

    Feel free to surf to my site; credit counseling green bay wi

    ReplyDelete