Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Well I have been at it some more. Painting and creating something I feel so blessed to be able to pursue. I picked up this buffet several weeks ago it had some minor issues like the doors would pop open when you picked it up. That was fun trying to get it into my workshop with the doors popping open finally resorted to tape so we could at least get it through the door!
Mr. SN took a look at it and fixed the problem yay!
I really need to get better about taking the before shots. I will work on that. It is I'm the type that I get out to my workshop which is a trudge across my back lawn and get all inspired to do whatever the project of the day is (usually thought of  on the walk out there) and I throw myself into it and think I don't want to walk back to the house to get the camera. I could start taking the before with my phone which is always with me.
I'm very pleased with how it turned out though! I sanded down the top and stained it and painted the bottom a creamy white. Can you believe I left the bottom and did not shabby it? I know! I just felt it was gorgeous the way it was so did not want to shabby it.



Love the way the middle door comes down for easy access to put in platters or other large items.

I sanded the heck out of that top! My arms were sore for a couple days!

This last weekend I went to a Tent sale to set up my stuff at the antique mall I sell out of. I was a little disappointed not that many actual dealers set up. It kinda had a junky flea market feel. So it drew in a different crowd of people then my usual crowd I see. But you know that is how you learn by trying things. Trial and error.



My friend who cuts out the galvanized tin was nice enough to give me some pieces to put up. She does such cute things with it! We tease her that we have to get tetanus shots to hang with her.


Hope you all have a wonderful week!

Had to show you my curb find!

16 comments:

  1. I love the buffet! And the letters well you know way cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are talented girl! I would purchase several of the things I see in your photo above if I didn't live 20 hours away from you. The buffet is great-love the door too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forgot to ask...which big antique show did you attend that had vintage campers everywhere? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was at Roundtop TX big antique show. Our booth was actually in Warrenton. I don't know if you are familiar with that it is a 10 day show.So involved a lot of camping! LOL

      Delete
  4. More awesome stuff from an awesome lady. Keep it up little one :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm absolutely falling head over heels for two-toned pieces! This looks fabulous! I’d love it if you’d link up to TA-DA TUESDAY <3 from your newest follower I’d be delighted if you’d follow back!
    ~Misty
    413 Sparrow Lane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great! The colrs are perfect.
    Life is one trial and error after
    another. That's the fun part about it.

    Have a great weekend.

    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! I'm your newest follower-you're so talented and your furniture is gorgeous! Would love you to visit my new blog and say hello :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for linking up to TA-DA TUESDAY! What a great project!
    ~Misty
    413 Sparrow Lane

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your buffet is a lovely piece! You did an excellent job. I know what you mean when you have to learn by trial. You things are so lovely. I am your newest follower. I hope you can visit me sometime :) I would also love for you to share this at my Linky party called Rustic Restorations Weekend.
    http://homespunhappenings-tammy.blogspot.com/2012/06/rustic-restorations-weekend-linky.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for sharing this at Rustic Restorations Weekend!

      Delete
  10. That buffet is fabulous..I am with you, once in a while I just can't shabby something up because it is so perfect

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Did you really find your name on a curb?? That is amazingly kismitty yes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought so too!~ LOL and with even the right spelling! LOL

      Delete
  12. Hi ~~~ I really like your buffet you fixed. It is so so so cute. What a blessing to find those letters on the curb to spell your name.

    Sincerely,
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would have been thrilled to run into your booth! I love that buffet, the style, the color, the fold out drawer. Super cute things!

    ReplyDelete