Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Seeing Red

I think it no secret that I love red. I love using it as a pop of color. This week I found this dresser on craigs list. It's veneer top was peeling up and one leg was missing a major chunk out of it. But I saw potential.
I scraped the veneer top off of it. Even though it was peeling up the rest was stuck tight. So I wet it all down and waited a bit and took my hammer and a thin chisel ever so patiently scraped it off. (well there might have been a bad word or two)
I then painted the body with Annie Sloans chalk paint in scarlet. Then waxed the whole thing with the dark wax. I stained the top. Which the top definitely has a rustic look to it which I love.

I could see this being a buffet,tv stand or even an island in a kitchen.

I was debating last night how marvelous it would look in my living room.

Of course Mr. Sn was like what about the one we have in our lv room? I said we could trade it out...
He just rolled his eyes.
Isn't that part of the fun of this business though trading things out?
Men just don't get it.
Well that dream was short lived because it sold last night.
Hope you all have a great week!
Those of us in the midwest stay cool!!
Traci

7 comments:

  1. Men never get it! lolol

    That gorgeous wood was underneath the veneer? That's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's gorgeous Traci!!! Just beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it its the perfect shade of red!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there! Just stopping by to let you know that I nominated you for the Liebster Award. You can get the info on my blog. Congratulations! Angela

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely job, I so enjoy finding things on craigslist.

    Have a blessed day,
    Michele
    Pearl 13.1

    ReplyDelete
  6. Receber sua visita será uma surpresa maravilhosa.
    Gostaria que também seguisse o meu espaço que, a partir de hoje torna-se extensão de sua casa, para minha alegria.

    With love to you!

    PSALM 23

    THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD,
    That's Relationship!

    I shall not want,
    This supply is!

    MAKE ME WALK IN GREEN PASTURES,
    This is rest!

    He leadeth me beside the still waters,
    This is refreshing!

    He restores my soul,
    This is healing!

    GUIDE ME FOR THE PATHS OF JUSTICE,
    That's Guidance!

    FOR THE LOVE OF YOUR NAME,
    This is on purpose!

    THOUGH I WALK THE VALLEY OF THE SHADOW OF DEATH,
    That's Testing!

    I will fear no evil,
    That's Protection!

    Thou art with me,
    That is fidelity!

    YOUR STICK AND YOUR staff they comfort me,
    This is discipline!

    Prepare a table before ME IN THE PRESENCE OF MY ENEMIES,
    This is hope!

    UNGE MY HEAD WITH OIL
    That's Consecration!

    And my cup runneth over,
    That's Abundance!

    SURELY GOODNESS AND MERCY A follow me EVERY DAY OF MY LIFE,
    This is a blessing!

    AND I WILL DWELL IN THE HOUSE OF THE LORD
    That's Security!

    FOR LONG DAYS,
    This is eternity!



    May the Lord bless you and keep you!

    Lucy.
    http://frutodoespirito9.blogspot.com/


    Also visit:

    http://discipulodecristo7.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete