Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Yesterday I worked all day in the shop painting a hutch. I wasn't sure where I was going with it. Ever have those projects your just not sure how you really envision it? That is how I felt about this hutch. I started with a robin egg blue then I thought it looked to dull all one color.( Just me) so I did some white over it then stained it all and shabbied it up like crazy! I stood back after I was done wondering if I loved it... Hubby came home and said he really liked it. He don't say much so I figured I'd leave it alone. It has grown on me. I just wonder if I'm the only one that gets this neurotic over my work??



The pics don't reflect the true color hard with fluorescent lighting to get a great pic.

Remember I stressed over that angel wing cabinet? Well the lady that bought adored it all shabby. She also said she looked at it on my blog and agreed the pics didn't do it justice. So I guess I need to figure out how to use my camera to it's fullest extent! That would mean reading the directions something I'm to impatient to do!
Happy to say the cutie pie desk has found a new home and I will be delivering it today. Well hope you all heave a lovely week! Traci

p.s Here is a sneak preview of my latest project and there might be a really cute table that goes with that group of chairs!

4 comments:

  1. ooo that hutch looks so good :) it's exactly what I dream about to one day own!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The chairs are my fav you get better all the time~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Traci,
    My goodness girl you have been one busy, busy bee. I think the hutch turned out fabulous and just sneaked a peak at the desk...I love it. It is amasing what wonderous things a little paint can do. Hope you are doing well my sweet friend. Wishing you a wonderful weekend.

    Hugs and Kisses,
    ♥Ana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! Your cabinet redo is great. I love the way it turned out.

    Thanks for your comments on my blog about the vintage campers. I am so excited at the possibility of finding one. Wonder if I could get the Junk Gypsies to redo one for me....cheap! Hee! Hee! I doubt it.

    I would love to see the insides of several that have been redone in a way that is as cute as the outsides.

    I'm your newest follower.:)

    ReplyDelete