Thursday, October 20, 2011

Letting Go

Well to be honest I haven't really had any motivation the last few weeks to blog or create stuff to sell. I was busy working on the house which is slowly but surely coming along.

I got through my mom's memorial this last weekend and am so ready to move forward. I have realized I was really lucky to have had such a caring mom. My brothers came up and my dad from Texas to do the memorial in her hometown. It was good to get  a chance to say a proper good bye. I 'am so happy knowing she is at peace and not suffering. I can honestly say I'm letting go of the grief and just remembering the good times and memories I had with her! After my family left I found a note they had left me in an upstairs bedroom.
 It reads as follows:   Traci, you are a great and wonderful sister,homemaker,daughter,wife,mom, and person of quality. We love you! Will miss you tons. Keep that great positive loving influence going on in your family. Your fun- I already see you glowing in them. Love, bros

P.S. Your new hubby is GREAT tell him we will miss him big time too!

My dad wrote at the bottom;   Thanks, kiddo I love you so much. You are the homemaker for all of us now. I see so much of mom in you! I know you will do her proud! I will keep in touch. DAD 

 Now let me tell you I bawled like a baby when I found that! They have always been sweet but they are extra sweet lately. I just wanted to share that with you it made my day! So with all that behind me I know all she wanted was for us to be happy,productive people. So this week I feel like I'm getting back to my life again. I started working out . Let me tell you that is long overdue! I hurt in places I didn't know I could! When I get totally fit and fabulous I will show you some pics! I also started creating for resale again. I worked on a few things today.

AN OLD WINDOW DECORATED
A WOODED BOX DECOUPAGED

ROSE COTTAGE SIGN
I'm excited to see how these go over to sale. I bought a new camera this week too and trying to figure it out so bear with me on the pics!

THIS IS ABOUT ALL SAM BURTON DOES! ROUGH HUH?


Well hope you all have a wonderful week!
Traci

OOPS almost forgot wanted to show you all what I did with my stairs! Whatcha think?

7 comments:

  1. LOVE your stairs!
    It is such a choice, sometimes a hard one, to decide to remember the good things instead of only remembering the death of a loved one. Not knowing your mom, I'm sure she would want you to remember the wonderful times and not be burdened with her death. It sounds like you are the head matron figure of the family now, and I know you will do your mom proud!
    (I felt teary eyed when I read what your father wrote, too!)

    ~Shanon

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard I know, mom's been gone ten years this November but like you I try to remember the good times that I spent with her, your bros and dad so are wonderful to leave you that note too!
    Thanks for stopping by today and I'm now your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been praying for you and missed your presence.That letter so moved my heart.Enjoy your memories and feel free to share them with us anytime we will be hear to listen.~Meme

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the old window and I love what you did with the stairs!! Glad to see you back =) Xoxoxo ~Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great note to find from your family.
    Letting go is tough but it is best to move on and remember the good times.
    My Mom has been gone for four years and there are times that I miss her terribly but then I try to think of a good memory!
    Remember to take care of YOURSELF and know that we are all with you.

    Take care!

    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Traci,
    I am so sorry. I just found out about your Mom. I know your Mom is resting now and in a much better place. My heart goes out to you me dear friend. Hold tight to those wonderful memories. Stay strong. Sending you a great big hug.

    Much love,
    ♥Ana

    ReplyDelete
  7. im new to the party here but im sorry to hear about your mom....

    ReplyDelete