Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Everything is bigger in Texas

Well it is true everything is beigger in Texas. They don't do anything halfway it's all or nothing. Like this grand ole house in the town my mom lives near by.

another adorable house!

Ahhh I could of kept driving around taking pcs of old houses for hours!
I think this one is my favorite it is so darn charming!

This is the Castroville Cafe took mom to lunch one day and it was delish!

mom and I sitting on the restaurant porch enjoying lunch


This is my dad's old Ford that he won in a raffle for $10.00!! I know amazing huh? He loves that car!

This is the baby of our family My bro Scott he is the pretty boy actor/model.(please ignore my flabby arms! I have been hitting the weights ever since I saw this pic!)
I also have another brother younger then me for some reason have no pics of him from this trip. Sorry bro! I got to see his two adorable kids! Had a lot of fun with them ages 4 and 6. I enjoyed the hot weather after coming from cold temps and rain! It was amazing to have warmth and sun. My mom is doing very well. She is on her last week of radiation this week so I know she is excited to get that done! Then she will finish up her chemo. She is my mom and it is hard to see your parent get sick and you are powerless. Just keep praying everyone! Thanks! Traci 

8 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you got to spend some time with your mom. All the homes you featured are absolutely adorable! I enjoyed seeing the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to read your post. Nice family! Glad for the update.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will continue to have my prayers! I absolutely love old homes! Xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE those photos. What charming houses.

    I swear I love everything I see, hear or read from Texas. One day I'll get to that fine state.

    Also, I continue to love the first song that plays when I hit your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wondered when you would stop to say hi. Im glad your Mom is doing better.I'll keep praying.
    I love Texas and leavin will be a hard thing for me.Glad you found smiles Texas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have luckily been to texas a few times and I absolutely love it there!!!
    Happy your Mom is doing better.
    Hugs to you,
    Have a pretty day!
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear that your Mom is doing well.
    More prayers will be said.
    Have been there and done it and it is NO fun to see a parent feeling soo ill.

    Good luck to you and your family.

    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just stopping by to say Hi!
    Looks like you had a wonderful trip, Mom looks so happy. I hope and pray she continues to get better.
    Have a sweet day and hugs, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete