Monday, April 25, 2011

Leaving on a Jet Plane

So tomorrow I leave to go see my mom. She lives in San Antonio TX which is a long way from the cornfields of Iowa! If you have been following my blog you know she was diagnosed with brain cancer about 7 weeks ago. She is now doing radiation and chemo. She seems to be doing really well staying positive. She is starting to have a bad day here and there nausea and feeling wiped out. My brothers say she seems irritated a little more then normal but I suppose with all she is going through I would probably be a raging lunatic. So overall she seems to be handling it all in stride. I really am excited to see her, to laugh hysterically together over the stupidest things we tend to get giddy together,to maybe do some shopping and probably do some crying too. I will take lots of pics to share when I get back in a week. I'm going with no expectations except to enjoy my time with my family! So stay posted to hear about my travels. Everyone have a wonderful week! Traci

11 comments:

  1. Enjoy your trip.
    Prayers and blessings to your Mom.
    Have fun.

    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have a wonderful time with your mom. Have a safe trip and I can't wait to see pictures.

    ~Shanon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a delightful trip and I am praying for your mom! Can't wait to see pics =) Xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope even in this time of worry for you and maybe a lil stress that you still get to visit family and friends if it applies. Maybe visit a few shops before you leave. I pray for a renewal in your moms health and spirit.You take care of you as well trac sometimes we forget....~Meme

    ReplyDelete
  5. We'll all be thinking of you and your mom.

    Have a safe and wonderful trip.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy your time, and God bless you, always.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a safe and wonderful trip!!!
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you have a wonderful time with your mom! You are probably her best medicine!

    ReplyDelete
  9. so glad u r taking a break and visiting Family....enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have safe trip and enjoy every moment of it. I know you will. I will keep your Mom in my prayers.
    Have a sweet day and big hugs, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  11. My prayers are with you and your mom!

    ReplyDelete