Thursday, March 17, 2011

Still laughing

Ok, so I might have a warped sense of humor. I have been known to laugh at the most inopportune times. Once I laughed at a funeral got nervous and couldn't stop laughing no matter how hard I tried. I know terrible! I did finally pull myself together. The other night after we both had a late night of working and a late dinner. I had to load a vanity and mirror into the back of my Explorer. Now it is around ten at night hubby had already donned his pj's and threw on his car hart jacket and slippers. We dragged this unusually heavy vanity through the garage and out to the shop where my suv was parked. So here we are trying to fit this vanity and awkward shaped mirror into the suv strategically as to not break the wings that extend off the mirror. So after several attempts to situate it he finally crawls into the back and squatting in there trying to better fit it in he turns to me and says I don't know if the back door will close like this. So me not even thinking (might of had a glass of wine prior to this so everything seemed a little funnier than it may have been) slammed the back door down. It shut fine but there was hubby squatting down in between the back window and the vanity. I scared him a bit as he wasn't expecting it to come slamming down while he was crammed in there. I smiled and said "it shuts."  He said "yeah I can see and you scared the crap out of me!" Sorry honey I promptly opened the door giggling a bit. Just a bit.So yesterday for some reason I just kept cracking up out of the blue of the image of him crammed in back there in his jammies and slippers. I texted him and told him I was still laughing about it. He didn't think it was so funny.Gotta love the man though that does that stuff for me not complaining a bit after he worked a fourteen hour day of building a garage. I only wish I'd had a camera at the time though.... Traci

13 comments:

  1. I sent my ex husband out for a playset for the kids that was perfectly priced. He was so proud that he fit it all in our tiny car.....until he shut the door and the window shattered everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've laughed at funerals too. I know it's horrible, but once you start, it's really hard to stop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no, I thought you were going to say you just left him in the SUV all night!!

    I am have a giveaway on my blog I'd like to invite you to enter my giveaway to win a $50. gift card! http://handcraftedbymaryannmiller.blogspot.com/2011/03/i-am-celebrating-with-spring-giveway.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol! im a nervous laugher also. always makes weddings and funerals a scary affair!

    ReplyDelete
  5. priceless....and u r very lucky indeed....a man n his jammies and slippers....lifting and pulln to support what u love....that is RARE find.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool. I do that, too. I laugh hysterically at past events.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your hubs totally understands happy wife happy life.

    I'm laughing too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a very funny story. I remember that I did laugh once on a funeral.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are soooo cute...I always get the giggles as well. My students make me laugh so hard sometimes! Tuesday hugs my sweet friend. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh man, I've been known to laugh at the worst times also! The other day I said, "Reeses Penis" to my daughter very loudly in Walgreens and I'm still laughing about it! Total slip of the tongue. Thank God she has forgotten it.
    She is 6! I don't think I ever will!

    Some times men don't appreciate how funny we wives are!

    Too cute!

    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Traci,
    I can remember a time when I was laughing so hard and just couldn't stop...It was at a store meeting when I work as an assistant manager :-S I did get dirty looks from the manager and can't even remember what I was laughing about... But you know, I love to laugh and it was an awesome spell of laughter! Thanks for sharing your cute story. Have a wonderful weekend my friend.

    Hugs and Kisses,
    ♥Ana

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have to admit, I often find funny where others don't even think to look for it. I do wish ya had taken a picture...I'm gigglin' here just conjurin' up the image of your Hubs closed in like that! Funny!!!

    God bless ya and have a fabulous Friday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The store is beautiful, happy to see so many dreams coming true. we are keeping your mom in our prayers. Keep up the good work. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete