Thursday, March 3, 2011

Blown away

I can't believe as I'm writing this post my mom is under going brain surgery. It was only on Tuesday my mom went to the Dr. and called me to say they had found a tumor in her brain. They sent her to the hospital to run more tests and admitted her. Yesterday they had assessed she had a mass on her brain they couldn't tell her really what it was they would need to go in and remove it to see what it is. So this morning they were going to do it. I'm just blown away at how fast life can throw you a curve ball. My mom is being so strong and brave she feels confident that she will be fine once they get it out. I only wish I didn't live so far away. She lives in Texas. I debated all day yesterday whether to fly down but decided to wait until we know more. Believe me that was a hard decision! I want to be there so bad! With the shop opening this week I figured I had better wait. Which by the way opened with a great success so far will post pics as soon as things settle down and have the time. I just pray all will turn out well. You know you never expect your parents will get sick well not so young anyway! My mom isn't even 60 yet. All we can do is pray and hope for the best! So if you get time please say a little prayer for her and my dad to stay strong. Traci

4 comments:

  1. Oh my sweet friend...I will be praying for you and your mom! So much worry and stress right now for you both. You are so right...you never know what today can bring...extra hugs to you today..May God be with your sweet mom! xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. How frightening! It must be very difficult for you to be so far away. I am thinking of you and your mom, and I hope all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry to read this news about your mother. It is so hard, I know. I have prayed for you and your parents. May God hold each of you in his strong arms.

    ReplyDelete
  4. prayers with u.....so happy ur opening was a success. Please keep us posted on ur Mom...HUGS Sheri

    ReplyDelete