Friday, February 4, 2011

Love that lasts


A love that lasts is that even happening these days? Well the hopeless romantic in me would love to think so. So I thought today I would show you two couples close to my heart that have built a love that lasts the test of time.




The first couple is my Grandma and Grandpa. Aren't they so cute in this picture? This was on their wedding day.They met when they were both living in a boarding house. Grandma was warned by the lady who owned the boarding house to watch out for him he liked to party. Well Grandma obviously didn't listen to her and took a chance for love. Well gpa and her fell in love. They got married on  March 4,1944 and forged forward to build a life together. Grandpa went about the task of finding them a home. Grandma had only one requirement which was she didn't want to live in what was then called dog town. This was an area of town that was called that because there were a lot of stray dogs roaming that area of town and not as desirable as other areas. Well where do you think gpa found their home? You guessed it in dog town! He found what had been a military cottage and they paid something ridiculous for it like$500.00. It had a living room,a kitchen and a bedroom.They eventually added on and added two more bedrooms and a kitchen,bath, and gpa and his brothers dug out a basement by hand crawling under the house bringing out dirt one coffee can at a time! Wow can't imagine how long that took! They had three children together and both worked hard and built a wonderful life together. They loved to travel and had an Airstream trailer and traveled all over the USA! They are now 89 years old and 96 years old and live on their own and still have an amazing love for one another. I know they had their share of ups and downs but they stuck it out and did it together.
Gma age 86

Gpa age 96


The other couple is my parents. They originally met when they were children because my gma's parents lived in the same small town my dad grew up in and so when my mom went to visit her grandparents she would see my dad. Then they met up again as teens. They married on April,22 1972. They really amaze me as a couple because they go through trials and tribulations and still manage to pull through together unified and stronger than before. They truly love each other and are each others best friend. They love to play together and do things as a couple whether it's hopping on the motorcycle for a ride or going to mom's favorite stores. They are just a fun couple which makes me sad I don't live closer to get to hang with them like my brothers get to.

Mom and dad young and in love!

mom and dad today





 Now there is me and Mr.SN we are new  and young in our relationship. I can only hope that we can persevere and have a long and happy marriage like my parents and grandparents. I guess I consider myself very lucky to have found love twice in my life. Many people aren't lucky enough to find it once in their lifetime.So as Valentine's day approaches remember the one you love. So I would love to know who inspires you in their relationship? 
ok, any reason to see my wedding Flowers again




13 comments:

  1. well..i m a hopless romantic as well. i have found love twice.....and was unable to withstand all the lil ups and downs. At 41...i m scared stiff to try again but u cant always predict when love happens. I do have a very special man in my life....although i hesitate to say where it is going....i know he loves me and shows me in sooooooo many ways. on valentines day...i m vert thankful to have him as my sweetheart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful stories. I met my husband in college, and we will be celebrating our 20 year wedding anniversary this July. My own parents were married for 49 years until my father passed away unexpectantly. I know that seeing their wonderful relationship was quite an influence on me. I saw what they had, and I hoped someday I would find my best friend too. I was lucky, because I did! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved this post my dear (as usual)! Xoxoxo
    P.S. your grandparents are just the cutest little couple

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! Very well written! You and hubby are so cute together..love the young picture of your parents! Thanks for coming over today I always look forward to us visiting each other in blogland!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Granny always said, Never go to sleep mad, fix your problems before you sleep.

    A wonderful post...maybe, nowadays, people give up too easy. It is easier to quit than it is to keep on trying.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all of the love stories...your grandparents are especially amazing. As for you and Mr. SN, could you be anymore good looking!!!sheesh...You two could sit around for the next 40 years and just stare at each other.
    NOw I have to tell you, everytime I come to your blog, I end up leaving it with a Steevie Nicks song in my head because you have Fleetwood Mac listed in your profile as one of your favourite musical groups! So now I'm singing, "Thunder only happens when it's raining...." Hope the song is now stuck in your head too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Traci,
    What a sweet post and tribute to love. I am a hopeless romantic as well.Your grandparents are just the cutest. All three couples make such sweet and cute couples. What a blessing. Have a wonderful new week.

    Hugs and Kisses,
    ♥Ana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Traci,
    I loved your post! its so sweet..you are all so lucky to still have your Grandparents..
    Me too, I'm a hopeless romantic in love with love!
    Love is grand...
    Have a sweet day and hugs, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a sweet post....I am a hopelss romantic as well....oh I love this month of LOVE!!! Hugs my friend. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great bunch of inspiration... your loved ones!

    ReplyDelete