Wednesday, February 16, 2011

I have been busy!


I have been SO busy this week! Getting kinda nervous about  this whole store thing. Little voices popping into my head asking, "what are you doing?" "Can you pull this off?" "Your life was so simple before."
I'm trying to ignore them and push forward.
 Made another chalkboard with an old frame.

Got this desk at GW for $19.00 took it home and painted it black. It's not old but sure is cute!


This is Sam burton riding in the desk on the way home.

I made these letters for the front window until I decide what I do want for a sign.
I made these cute signs out of old wood of various projects Mr.SN worked on.


I made this rose just for fun after seeing a tutorial on My shabby Streamside studio.
So as you can see I have been working my tail off! Tomorrow I have to go paint the shop itself. The previous tenant painted it black and silver! So gotta go!  He was a tortured, struggling artist type had some really strange art that was a bit scary for small town Iowa. I will post pics as soon as I get stuff moved in and arranged! Have a great rest of the week. Traci

11 comments:

  1. U r doing something that I have only dreamed of.....U r doing GREAT!!!! Dont get discouraged. BELIEVE!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can tell that you are working hard! I bet it's going to be great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, ignore that voice and keep pushing forward...you will do wonderfully! Can't wait to see more :) Xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had my own store a couple of years ago. It didn't last long because I dived in without thinking how much time I would be away from home (24/7 for me because I didn't hire help).After awhile I longed to just close it down and be home with my hubby and kids, so I just shut it down. Every time I tell him I failed, he tells me it was not a failure. It was a great success because I took the leap and I learned from it.(I am opening an appointment only shop in my garage this year, so I can control the time I get at home)
    I guess what I am saying is don't be scared, don't focus on the what if's. It's amazing to have the opportunity to just do it. Work out the kinks as you go along.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it all---especially the signs.
    Good Luck with the painting!

    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're very crafty. Nice work. I don't have an ounce of this kind of talent. Any talent, now that I think about it.

    You know, I like the song that plays when I hit your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your sweet store is going to be amazing...keep going my friend..it will all pay off. Hugs. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I'd give anything to have an ounce of your creativity. I seriously can not even decorate my home!

    Talent like that should be out in the world. The best stuff comes out of scary challenges.

    Keep putting positive energy into the place and it will give it back!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job!
    Best of luck with the store!!!
    Have a great week,
    Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  10. looking very good shabbygal! i'm curious to know where your shop is located and when you will be opening?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd have to agree with that! busy is an understatement! Everything looks great!

    ReplyDelete