Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Pillows

 First of all I would like to say thank God it isn't the old days and my family would have to depend on me to sew them clothes because they would all be going naked! I can sew it just isn't my favorite thing to do. I think I'm too impatient. 
I'am so glad to have two pillows done! I added the gingham ruffle which is red which according to my son who says it's pink. It isn't though! 

I simply made them to slipcover over some pillows I had. Made a flap opening in back. Which was the reason in this photo to show you that, but you really can't tell as well as I'd hoped. This also makes them handy to wash. Considering my little snowball dog loves to lounge around on them! Traci

Mr.Sam Burton


8 comments:

  1. pretty pillows! i am a terrible sewer and there are so many amazing fabrics i want to make something out of...i need to really learn how to sew! patience is a bit of a problem for me too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pillows are very pretty. I just love that print!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those pillows. I have a perfect place for them in my house. You should have a giveaway! :)...ok, I suspect they're for you...sheesh...some people...xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, they are just lovely! If my family depended on my talents in sewing, we would all be dressed in bed sheets, tied toga style. If I have to sew on a button, I botch it. I cry when I sew, that's how bad it is.

    I envy your fierce skills to make such gorgeous things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Traci,
    They turned out very nice. Love the fabric. I love making slipcovers for my pillows. It's way better than having and storing a bazillion pillows...Especially if one has a decorative pillow obsession, like me...Hee, hee, hee.

    Hugs and Kisses,
    ♥Ana

    ReplyDelete
  6. I sewed a skateboard pillow in home ec back in 7th grade. It was fun. It was also the last thing I ever sewed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are so cute. I will be starting this week on projects with my new machines(yes more than one) lol Long story to be posted later lol you have inspired me.

    ReplyDelete