Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Sparkle

I'm not sure what I'm feeling lately. I have the house decorated for the holiday. Maybe I just feel blue because winter is here. Never been a great fan of freezing. I'm more of a warm weather gal. I know what am I doing in Iowa? I'm not sure if it is just one thing or maybe a combination of several things going on. I think I'm beginning to see it isn't all about trying to make my home look like something out of a magazine. Decorating til I can't see straight. Don't get me wrong I do like pretties and decorating I just think I need to focus on other things and just let go of the obsessing!  

So I'm posting a few pretties and sparkle to chase away the blues.



Just find the joy of the season and the reason for the season.






 Some vintage sparkle on a lovely sweater always make me smile!





Saw a double rainbow a few days ago and made me feel like a kid again!




I love this saying it is so true!


So as the holiday approaches I plan on taking it easy this year not stressing out so much about everything being perfect and just enjoy! I hope all of  you can do the same!
Traci

13 comments:

  1. You are so right...just enjoy the beauty around us and the simple things in life. There will always be decorating and nesting..I get caught up in everything being perfect too..
    Its been cold here too..no snow but cold and raining.
    Merry Christmas to you and your family,
    Big hugs, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beauty is certainly all around..so many people are so focused on what isn't, but sometimes we need a little down time to put things back in perspective and not get so caught up in a rushed and hurried lifestyle. I too saw a double rainbow on Monday, it was AMAZING. I have never seen a rainbow so bright in my life, that's what slowed me down, just for a minute and appreciate the things that I take for granted. Happy day dear friend! Xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed your post. Sometimes I have to take a step back from those fabulous decorating magazines and remember that I live in a house with 3 kids, a wonderful but very messy husband, 2 dogs and various other pets! It can be a bit depressing, but you are right, it's good to let go! :) Now if I can just stop obsessing!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Traci,
    As much as I love this time of the year...I can't help but get caught up in all the stress that comes along with it. Every year I promise I won't stress and just enjoy it...And by golly this year has to be THE YEAR! :-) I'll promise to slow down, notice the beauty around me and ENJOY! Hope you enjoy your holiday too.

    Hugs and Kisses,
    ♥Ana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! Why is it we make ourselves crazy during this time of the year? It's nutz I say!

    I like your plan.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Traci, I'm feeling kinda blue today...sigh. Thanks for stopping by my fasting blog. Reading your post here today makes me want to start sharing more on my Life Of Imperfection blog. So cool the double rainbow!!! Love the sparkles, the pictures warmed my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that Bing Crosby song I hear playing! Nice touch.

    Yeah, I still have to set up my little winter village.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am finding life really busy too my friend...can't wait for school to be over next week...then I know I will slow right down and enjoy life and Christmas more. oxoxxo
    Happy Friday...your decorations are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a laid back year for me. I've stepped down and done a lot less decorating and stressing and it's been wonderful. I hope you find your Christmas spirit soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do wish I could take the laid back approach to life but it's just not in the cards for me. Ya see...I'm spastic, Type~A, perfectionist...probably a real danger to society!

    God bless ya and have a splendid weekend sweetie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your sparkles do make me smile!
    Have a happy weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have no!!! ambition....hahaha, just need to ge motivated, no reason for this!!! hope you get started and have a wonderful Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi there,
    Thanks for your kind words about my tree.
    I'm kind of in a funky mood because it's too warm here. We are having an unseasonable weather.
    Soon to change though.
    Have a wonderful day!!
    xo,
    Rosemary

    ReplyDelete