Thursday, November 11, 2010

Oh, Young Love

This is my youngest son. He is my baby and him and I seem to have or should say had a special connection. Maybe because we are a lot alike yet so different too. 

Now love is in the air.



This is Charlie with his new girl. Don"t get me wrong she is a wonderful girl everything a mom could hope for their son to find. But I miss him! I know boys grow up and become men.
 
This is his best friend. This was the day I dropped him off at college.




  
He is happy and in love. He just recently decided to drop out of college. He felt he was wasting his time not knowing what he wanted to do for sure." I just need sometime to figure it out mom" he said.So I told him fine, of course I might of said a few other things like are you @!#& crazy! Do you realize how fast life goes and if you drop out you might not get a chance to go back. I just hope he figures it out. I do realize it is so hard at that age to decide what you want to do for the rest of your life. He is a smart guy I'm sure he will figure it out soon. I think he is just having a lot of fun right now with having his first real girlfriend. They take a ton of pictures together and I must say they are a very photogenic couple!  
I guess as I sit here drinking my coffee and writing this post I just can"t believe how fast they do grow up. You have to let go and hope for the best for them and watch as they make their mistakes or as they succeed. You have to patiently sit back and know they will call you (or text)  when they need you.

Yesterday I texted him because I hadn't heard from him for awhile and asked "Will I ever hear from you again?"
He answered back " About what?"
I said, "Um about how you are?" Or What have you been up to?"
He said, "Oh how have you been?"


Geez, mommy isn"t needed anymore! I just have such a hard time letting go. I'm not the only lady in his life now. I only wish happiness for him and his brother. My mom says they do come back and will always be there when they need something. For now he has a new love and her family is very good to him so he is a very lucky guy.





I will just have to take up some more hobbies to fill the void of my boys being grown ups. Easier said then done when being mom is all I have done for the last 20 years!



I am probably going to be in a lot of trouble for posting this! Aww, whom I kidding he doesn"t have time to look at mom's blog!
Traci


7 comments:

  1. oh traci. we are in the same boat. my son is still here but gone a lot. spends every evening with his girlfriend. she is a great girl too. i just miss having him sit around here at night. he is not going to college either - farming with dad is his calling. it's hard, your boy will figure it out. he's a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, your son is adorable...I'm not surprised a girl snatched him up! My children are 17, 14, and 11. Everyday, I can sense my 17 year old wanting more and more independence, and it really scares me. Time goes by so fast! People think it's hard when your children are babies, butI think those were the easiest days of all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...what a wonderful looking family 4 boys!...beautiful ..Lovely wedding and your pictures of your work/shopping spot! are great ...adorable store!
    My girls are 19 & 21 ...I am always amazed at how they get along so well and make such great choices!...Your son looks kind & sweet ...and that is the best!...

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, I think we are in the same sad mommie place!!!! its hard!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They do make a cute couple. Yes they do grow up fast...way too fast for my liking. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. My oldest boy is 3 & I already sread the day he says...."Mom...don't kiss me!" I am sure the last 20 years have FLOWN by! He is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, it's official...love at first sight!! With you, your blog, you son, lol. Thanks for stopping by and following my life of imperfection. It's comforting to hear that I am not alone when it comes to a struggling child in college, ummm, used to be college going Son. Your Son and his sweetheart are so cute!! At least he has someone, my Son hasn't met a sweet girl yet. I look forward to following your journey.

    ReplyDelete