Thursday, November 4, 2010

Fabulous Galena Homes


Ok, Here are a few of those fabulous houses from our trip to Galena. This town is so rich is history and I literally could of photographed 100's of the beautiful houses this town boasts. But I picked a few to share with you all.
 

I really thought this one was adorable as it was the weekend before the fourth of July, I thought it was very patriotic!


This one I hurriedly shot from the cable car tour we were on. Thus the bars.
This little gem was a miners cabin very adorable! Not sure I could downsize that much!
 This is the side view of the Belvedere mansion and the view of the great sun room it had.
This one I just thought was so beautiful all the gingerbread,those amazing front doors I always love double doors, and that wonderful front porch! Well that concludes our house tour. 

I should be getting back some of my wedding pics any day so I will post them asap.

I also just started working in a very adorable shop with a variety of shabby and eclectic thing called La Collage. I plan on doing a feature of this store very soon. I don't think I mentioned I live in Madison county from the movie  "Bridges of Madison County". There are a lot of treasures to show from this area so I'm excited to share my new stomping grounds with you all! Have a great day!!!   
Traci

9 comments:

  1. I wanted to say "hello" and thank your for visiting my blog! The famous Galena houses you featured are great. I especially like little miner's cabin! I will visit again soon. In the meantime, happy blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful homes....I am always looking at historical homes and wish so much one of them was mine. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Shabby Girl, Got your blog off of the Coop Keepers blog... I love those old house pictures....The one looks like the house in the old Lady and the Tramp book

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would gladly live in any one of those houses...well, maybe not the teeny one, because I have four kids and I don't want any of them in my bedroom. But they are ravishing homes! My dream homes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Traci,
    Beautiful houses! Thanks for the tour...Ooo, and can't wait to see your wedding pics...Have a wonderful weekend.

    Hugs and Kisses,
    ♥Ana

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll take the Belvedere Mansion! (Duh, right??)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful homes! I love the older homes and dream of one, oh, yes, maybe in my next lifetime.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love galena. i will be there next weekend. can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I'm dying to go to Galena! Your pictures make me want to go even more!

    ReplyDelete